Tips for Better Practicing!
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 by Nikki Loney | Practising Tips
Practicing for your music lessons does not have to be a struggle (fight to the death?) Here are my top tips for getting back into a routine that is effective and FUN!
- Have everything you need to practice in one dedicated space. This includes a music stand and your amplified device for playing the accompaniment tracks.
- Singers: Set yourself up exactly like you sing in the lesson studio.
- USE YOUR MUSIC and YOUR PRACTICE CD OR RECORDED TRACKS (Seriously!)
- Set up a regular time in your busy day - and dedicate at LEAST 15 minutes. Shorter but regular practise is more effective that one long session.
- Sing your lesson repertoire at least 3 times (Once is just a warm up!)
- Always choose a fun song to finish with - anything you want to sing!
- Mom's & Dads - Try to give your singers some private space to practice so they can feel comfortable making mistakes.
If you are struggling at home with practicing - Please talk to me. I know we can come up with some strategies!